I have over four years of independent teaching experience from two universities, The Pennsylvania State University (PSU) and Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis (IUPUI), in addition to teaching assistant experience.
My main goal in teaching is to help students recognize the ways in which our social world is organized. I accomplish through the use of real world datasets and research, online interactions, guest speakers from the community, as well as with the use of traditional teaching materials.
I have also independently pursued further pedagogical training and teaching education through the Preparing Future Faculty program at IUPUI and a distance education course for instructors through Indiana University (IU).
Classes I have taught include:
- Intermediate Social Statistics (PSU)
- Introduction to Sociology (IUPUI)
- Sociology of Family (IUPUI)
- Sociology of Gender (IUPUI)
Classes I have been an assistant for:
- Demographic Methods -Graduate Level (PSU)
- Population and Policy (PSU)